Fifty Shades Movie News:
- I had heard the rumor that Jamie Dornan’s wife didn’t want him filming Fifty Shades anymore, and according to this random site I found, people thought this was because his wife was worried he had feelings for Dakota Johnson. HAHHAHAHAHHAA. If that was true, someone needs to just show her this gif:
- In exciting news, apparently young women are able recognize how problematic and abusive Christian and Ana’s relationship is:
A study by Michigan State University scholars suggests women aged 18-24 – a prime period for exploring love and sexuality – are able to recognize a harmful relationship marked by controlling and manipulative behavior, stalking and emotional and sexual abuse.
“The encouraging news is that these young women are identifying aspects of an unhealthy relationship between Christian and Anastasia,” said lead author Amy Bonomi, chairperson and professor of MSU’s Department of Human Development and Family Studies. “They were keenly aware of the different aspects of abuse in the relationship and told us in great detail the danger the abuse poses for Anastasia.”
Some troubling things came out of the article, though:
While study participants were able to identify Christian’s abuse of Anastasia, they also were sympathetic and rationalized his behavior as a function of his personality, affluence and his own sexual abuse as a child.
Further, some participants blamed Anastasia for not “speaking up” about the abuse.
ARAGH NO STOP WHY!!! YOU WERE SO CLOSE, PEOPLE!
I’m fine with people feeling some degree of sympathy towards Christian. We all know of his troubled childhood, but don’t rationalize his behaviour! It’s worth pointing out that Christian could have still used BDSM as a way to overcome his trauma or something along those lines, but he could have done so in a way that wasn’t abusive to Ana.
How could Ana speak up when EL James isn’t even aware that it’s abuse? Or even forgetting that for a second, if this were not a fictional relationship, one could argue Ana is terrified that Christian CAN FIND HER ANYWHERE and could buy any company she works at, own any building she lives in, etc.
- In lighter news, remember, the next two movies are being filmed back to back starting in 2016. Given they can probably just recycle old footage the way James recycles lines/entire scenes, I’m assuming filming should only take like a week tops.
- I still can’t get over the fact that the director of House of Cards is now directing this. Although, I guess maybe Christian and Frank Underwood have a few things in common.
Crossfire (One With You) News:
- Sylvia day posted an excerpt from One With You along with her announcement that the book will be released April 16, 2015.
- The excerpt is essentially just Eva reminding us of how tumultuous her relationship with Gideon is. Now comes complete with marriage!
Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.
Yeah, it’s weird that. When has their relationship ever been a refuge from anything? It’s just one big drama tornado DESTROYING EVERYTHING IN ITS ABSURD PATH.
We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another.
Oh, yeah! That happened in Bared to You, the title of the book jogged my memory.
- I’ve been searching high and low for Crossfire TV series news, but nothing. At least we got that release date for the last book.
Seriously, though, I can’t wait for the next Fifty Shades movies to come out and for One With You to be released. Then I just need the Crossfire TV show so we can keep this party going forever.